ECO CLUB of Kalindi College University of Delhi is a multidimensional, highly active society that runs in coordination with the department of environment, Govt of NCT of Delhi. The Eco Club play an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation.
Eco club is group of teachers and students dedicated to making our campus less wasteful, raising awareness for eco-friendly causes and promoting environmentally friendly habits like reducing, reusing and recycling.
The main objectives of eco club include:
- Motivate the students to keep their surroundings greenand clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to through them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water lagging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Organize tree plantation programmes, awareness programme such as quiz, essay, painting competition, rallies, Nukkad Natak etc regarding various environmental issues.
- Build attitude to help individuals and social groups acquire a set of values and felling of concern for environment and the motivation for actively participating in environmental implement and protection.
- Teach skill to students to help individual for identify and solve environmental problems.
Activities of Eco Club: in our campus activities of eco club includes:
- Plantation of saplings in the college campus.
- Maintenance of existing saplings.
- Environmental awareness programme within the campus
- Competition like quiz, slogan writing, posterpainting.
- Seminar and panel discussions.
- Raising awareness using power point.
- Installation of waste bins.
- The students are also exposed to various field activities such as visit to natural ecosystems, bird watching sites and biodiversity parks to create enthusiasm regarding issues pertaining to environmental sustainability.
Members of Eco-Club Committee
- Dr. Seema Sahdev (Convener)
- Dr. Manish Kumar (Co-Convener)
- Dr. Usha Pathak
- Dr. Shashi Bhushan
- Ms. Geeta Kumari
- Mr. Jitendra Rishideo
Activities organized by Eco-club, Kalindi College (during 2017-18). Eco-club of Kalindi College is a highly active society that organizes number of environmental awareness programme and projects from time to time.
Paper Recycling Unit – our society manages and collect waste paper generated from college and convert it into recycled paper for reuse in laboratory.
On Deepawali festival, Delhi’s air quality suffered due to burning of fire crackers, to spread awareness, our society took initiative and urged all students to say ‘No to Fire Crackers’.
Four students along with one Assistant Professor Dr. Manish Kumar attended programme on Innovative science-based project organized by the Department of Environment, Government of NCT of Delhi at Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Combating Climate Change, Alipur on 28 February 2018. A number of Scientists from different fields delivered short lectures regarding the uses ofvarious scientific and technological methods for combating problems in the field of agriculture, environmental disaster, climate change etc.
Eco-Club observed ‘World Water Day’ on 22nd March 2018 by organizing a lecture series on ‘Water Treatment and Water Quality’. The program was inaugurated by the Keynote Address of Chief Guest Prof. Haseena Hashia from Jamia Milia Islamia. Prof. S.C.Rai, Guest of Honour from Department of Geography, Delhi University, delivered a lecture on “Sustainability issues of Water Resource”. Distinguished Guest Dr. K.lal Babu , Scientist from National Water Commission , Ministry of water resource delivered a lecture on “Impact of Climate Change on Water Resources”
On this day, Eco Club organized ‘Pledge and Plant a Tree Programme’. Students took a pledge to save the environment and the Stevia plant was planted in the herbal garden of the college. The campaign was to sensitize the students for plantation and protection of plants so as to protect mother Earth from various types of pollution and to counter climate change and global warming. Poster making competition was organized on ‘Save Water’. For raising awareness power point presentation on Conservation of water by Geography Honours students was organized on this occasion.
Eco Club Organised Eco Fest: ‘Eco Challengers- 2018’ On World Water Day (22nd March 2018)
On this Occasion eminent scholars/Scientist Chief Guest Prof. Haseena Hashia, Department Of Geography, Jamia Millia Islamia University, Guest Of Honour Prof. S.C. Rai, Head, Department Of Geography, University Of Delhi, Distinguished Guest Dr. K.L. Babu, Scientist, National Water Mission, Ministry Of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation have visited the college.
Students participated in Poster Making Competition on save water and the event judged by the Chief Guest Prof. Haseena Hashia, Department of Geography, Jamia Millia Islamia