IQAC in Action (2016-17)
- A meeting of IQAC Steering Committee, with Principal in Chair, was convened on 21 November 2016 to open the Peer Team report that was handed over to the Principal by the NAAC Peer Team during Exit Meeting on 10 September 2016.
- Meeting of IQAC was held on 14th January 2017 to discuss the NAAC Peer Team report. It was suggested that the Peer Team report should be divided in two parts of (a) Action Taken and (b) Action to be taken
- IQAC held separate meetings with all departments and committees to discuss the Peer Team suggestions, required follow up and the future course of action.
- IQAC has collaborated with Baba Ramdev Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya, Prasad Nagar and taken initiative to provide its students the required academic support. For the purpose, IQAC has involved the College NSS Unit and the Department of Commerce. For the purpose, Ms. Nidhi Kapoor and team of students Department of Commerce visited the school and assisted the Class XII students in preparing the Accounts syllabi for their forthcoming Board Exams.
- Every department has been requested to conduct Inter-Departmental Academic Audit in every semester.
- Efforts have been made for internal administrative audit as well. Separate committees have been formed for stock verification and physical verification of laboratories. Frequent review visits have been conducted record upkeep and verification etc.
- Initiative has been taken to ensure collection, compilation and analysis of Feedback of all stake holders including students, teaching faculty, non-teaching staff, parents and alumni. Separate committees have been formed for the purpose and have been requested to revert with major comments, grievances and action taken report.
- Learning from earlier experiences of Parents-Teachers-Students-Interface (PTSI), where the presence of parents was not very encouraging, IQAC suggested to organize one common “Open House” of parents, teachers and students. Apart from interaction, it would also provide a platform to showcase students’ talent through some selected extra-curricular activities.
- IQAC has requested every Department and Co-curricular Units/Cultural Clubs/Societies/ Committees to Report to SPA & keep the Website updated within one week one of the said activity.
- Faculty Development Programme is being conducted in association with Department of Political Science, Kalindi College and Department of Political Science, University of Delhi on 6th April, 2017.
- IQAC has also resolved to organize training workshops for teaching and non-teaching staff in the coming months.
IQAC stands by the philosophy of Prof. Anita Sharma, Vice Chancellor, Governing Body and University representative in IQAC:
“Happy for Result, Work for Road Ahead & plan for Future”