Lawn and Gardens
The college boasts of a green campus and has a number of parks which provide a serene atmosphere and include a Theme Park (Rock Garden), August Kranti Park, Saraswati Park and Buddha Park. An idol of Lord Ganesha has been placed near the entrance below which WELCOME has be engraved on the stone in Four Directions in Four Languages (Hindi, English, Urdu & Punjabi).The parks are maintained by the Garden Committee, with Dr. Anjana Nanchahal being its Convenor.
1. THEME PARK (ROCK GARDEN):- The College has recently beautified the campus by adding a Theme Park in front of the college canteen. It provides a serene atmosphere, enhancing the natural look. The concept and idea was put forth and designed by Prof. Dinabandhu Sahoo , the then Chairman of Governing Body and was inaugurated by him on 28.03.2014. It has won the 2nd Prize in the 57th Flower show organized during Antardwani 2015. It has been beautified by using the heavy rocks, plantations, grass and decorative natural plants. The Gigantic Bamboo Tree, connecting the Theme Park and the August Kranti Park, is a special attraction enhancing the beauty of the parks. It has been providing a natural environment to the birds. The project has been supervised and completed by Dr. Anjana Nanchahal, Associate Professor, Department of Botany, Convenor, Garden Committee.
2. BUTTERFLY PARK:- A new butterfly park has been developed under the Innovation Project near Big Bamboo Tree, in between the August Kranti Park and the Theme Park. Special and different varieties of the plants and flowers in the park have proven to be an attraction for the butterflies. A small enclosed pond has also been constructed in the area. The park is enclosed by using bamboo all around the enclosure.
3. BEAUTIFICATION OF ENTRANCE:- Approach road to the entrance of the college from both outside and inside has been beautified and strengthened to prevent stagnation of rainwater. The main entrance has been modified to give a circular structure having natural plantations and grass, matching to the surrounding. An idol of Lord Ganesha has been placed in the centre below which 'WELCOME' has be engraved on the stone in four directions in four languages (Hindi, English, Urdu & Punjabi). At the back of the idol, a sholka has been written: meaning ‘O Lord Ganesha of the curved trunk and massive body, the one whose splendor is equal to millions of Suns, please bless me so that I do not face any obstacles in my endeavours.’
4. AUGUST KRANTI PARK:- The College has recently beautified the campus by adding an August Kranti Park adjacent to the Administrative Block and Theme Park (Rock Garden). It provides a serene atmosphere, enhancing the natural look. It has been beautified by making a big shed for the students to sit and relax for a while and itis also being used to arrange events for the students. Recently, this park was used to organize various functions like- Nukar Natak during Lehren, Self- Defense camp organized by the Delhi Police etc. It was inaugurated by Prof. Dinabandhu Sahoo, the then Chairman of Governing Body on 25.08.2014.
5. SARARWATI PARK:- The left side of entrance in the college has been beautified and the idol of Saraswati has been placed , behind which is the raised land area, giving the shape of a mountain. All the nearby area of the idol has been beautified to provide colorful plantations and green grass. This has enhanced the beauty of the park. The park is fenced with green protection sheet to restrict entry. This project has been supervised and completed by Dr. Anjana Nanchahal, Associate Prof., Department of Botany, Convenor, Garden Committee.
6. BUDDHA PARK:- To the right side of the entrance of the college, the area has been beautified by colourful plantation where an idol of Sleeping Buddha has been placed. This park provides a serene look and beautifies the college. This project has been supervised and completed by Dr. Anjana Nanchahal, Associate Prof., Department of Botany, Convenor, Garden Committee.