National Cadet Corps
National Cadet Corps (NCC), which comes under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India, was established in 1917 to supplement the strength of the Indian Army. It focuses on the development of the cadet at the physical, mental, social and intellectual levels. It inculcates the qualities of courage, fellow-feeling, discipline, leadership and a secular perspective. It also instils a spirit of selfless service, sportsmanship and untiring dedication to duty. The objective is to create human resource through organizational training of goal-oriented youth, who can assist the armed forces and serve the nation.NCC organizes many camps throughout the year in which the youth are trained professionally by experts from the Army, Navy and Air Wing. Cadets are awarded 'B' and 'C' certificates, which enable them to obtain 5-10% advantage in securing employment with Armed forces, Police and CRPF. In addition, NCC also providesvarious kinds of scholarships. Camps in adventure sports including parasailing, firing,paragliding and hot air balloons are organized every year. Besides, it also holds National Integration Camp (NIC), Basic Leadership Camp (BLC) and Annual Training Camp (ATC).
- Session began with the Tree plantation programme which was celebrated on 13th July 2017 with all final year NCC cadets in the presence of Lt. Dr. Aarti Singh and Ms. Manila Narzary.
- In the academic session 2017-18, 103 cadets participated in CATC camp. Cadets participated in drill competition and SUO Sangay Lamo stood best cadet 1st position. Cadets participated in Tug of war and stood second position. Cadets also participated in cultural and Drama, Debate and Shooting competition. Cdt. Jyoti stood second in painting competition.
- During cancer awareness program Cdt. Annu and Cdt. Nisha did a play on female feticide.
- On 12th July and 17th July 2017 CM Rally selection was held, 11 cadets of Kalindi College were selected for CM Rally. Selected cadets are: DLI/SW/15/264 CDT Laxmi, DLI/SW/16/A/199 CDT Monica p. Mohan, DLI/SW/16/A/199578 CDT Mahima, DLI/SW/16/A/199 CDT Bhanu, DLI/SW/16/A/199 CDT Monika Gautam, DLI/SW/16/A/199 CDT Jyoti, DLI/SW/16/A/199 CDT Komal Kamwal, DLI/SW/16/A/199 CDT Vishali Verma, DLI/SW/16/A/199 CDT Priyanka, DLI/SW/16/A/199 CDT Pinki, DLI/SW/16/A/199 CDT Renu. Monika P. Mohan was selected as Company Commander and Mahima got selected for Best Cadet and won Rs. 1000 from 4DBGn.
- Along with 4 cadets of SDNG Khalsa college of 2DBN, 4 cadets of Kalindi College of 5 DGBN and 1 A.N.O have participated in SNIC camp held at the Seru in Leh Ladakh in August 2017.SWACHHATA PAKWARA was organized in the college premises and also an essay writing competition on the topic Swachha Bharat was held on 25August 2017. All the NCC students of Kalindi college participated.3 Cadets got selected for TSC Camp, Cdt. Deepali Negi, Cdt. Reena and Cdt. Sheeka. Cdt. Deepali was selected for firing in TSC in final top ten.Five Cadets of the college participated in Ajmer Trekking Camp JUO. Chhavi, SGT. Pallavi, SGT. Varsha, CPL. Seema and CDT. Twinkle in 2017.
- Duration of the camp was from 12 August to 24 August 2017and they started traveling on 6 August and via Nagrota,216 Ramban transit camp, Srinagar,261 Sonamarg transit camp, 259 Batra Transit Camp and 260 Transit Camp they reached Leh in the evening of 12 August and returned to Delhi on 28 August 2017.
- They also participated in various competitions such as painting, debate, singing, NIAP and cultural competition and won second prize in NIAP as well as group dance. Cadets also visited Kargil War Memorial, Shanti Stupa, army aviation centre, Zorawar Fort, Leh town market, shay monastery, Hemis Monastery, Thiksay Monastry, Druk white lotus school (rancho's school), Pathar sahib Gurudwara and magnetic hill, and also saw the presentation on operation Vijay and Siachen Glacier.
- Two cadets of Kalindi College got selected for RDC 2017, SUO. Sunaina, CDT. Monika P Mohan
- NCC Cadets of Kalindi College also participated in various Inter-College competitions of Delhi University in the year 2017-18 and won many prizes. Cadets Won 2nd prize in Drill competition, 1st in cultural competition and 2nd in solo dance competition in Deshbandhu College DU. In Lady Shri Ram College they got 1st position in group dance competition. In Kirori Mal College cadets won 2nd prize in Best Cadet Competition and 2nd prize in guard competition. In Dayal Singh College they got 2nd prize in guard competition. In Swami Shraddha and College, they got 1st position in Quarter Guard competition and 2nd position in Squad Drill competition. On 17th March 2018 Cadets won special prize in Drill and Guard Competition in Zakir Hussain College Annual NCC Fest 2018.
- On 19th March Kalindi College NCC unit organized Annual Inter- college NCC festival Udaan 2018. Guests of the event Col. V.S. Dhankhar, from 5DGBN Kirti Nagar, Capt. Parminder Sehgal, NCC in –charge of Delhi University and Principal Ma’am Dr. Anula Maurya inaugurated the festival. NCC Cadets from more than 20 colleges participated for various competitions like Squat Drill, Best Cadet competition, Guard competition, Tug of war and solo and group dance competition.
- On 21st March 2018 Cadets won second prize in Scout Drill Competition and on first in Solo Dance Competition in Sri Aurobindo College.