Objective: The socio-economic and political status of SCs/STs has still not improved as aspired by Indian Constitution makers. “Pahel-A Forum for Holistic Development of SC/ST Students” aimed to initiate various activities where the students get immense benefits in shaping their overall growth. Focus was on entrepreneurial training, which made students economically self-reliant.
Execution: In this endeavour, Pahel had organized training-cum-workshop only for the all-round development of SC/ST students during the semester break between October, 7-12, 2014. The workshop included:
- A leadership training programme by professional trainers of a Delhi based NGO, Schumacher Centre
- An interactive talk by an eminent social scientist and activist, Professor Vivek Kumar, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- An entrepreneurial skill training programme by professional trainers of Indha Craft, Literacy India (NGO), Gurgaon, Haryana
- Skill training by Lal Bahadur Shastri Training Institute, Pandav Nagar Branch, New Delhi (NGO)
Impact: Through this project, the trained students from underprivileged sections will be
Provided with a platform to engage with various agencies working in this field.
- Economically self-reliant through entrepreneurial activities
- Able to contribute to the society by disseminating knowledge and involving other economically needy people in similar activities
- Able to raise their voice and fight against socio-economic and political discrimination and exploitation
- Benefited by inspirational talks by eminent personalities and gain self-confidence to take up life-challenges