Convener : Dr. Meena Charanda
Co-Convener : Dr. Rakhee Chouhan.
This is the first college in Delhi University to start the SC & ST Cell which was inaugurated by the Vice-Chancellor Prof. Dinesh Singh & Director – South Campus Dr. Umesh Rai in Sep 2015. This is one of the major achievements for Kalindi College. The cell started the first orientation programme for the SC ST students in which the below points were discussed for the welfare and upliftment of the reserve category students (SC & ST only).
- Problems related to curriculum and Time Table was discussed.
- Awareness created on the new Hostel created for SC & ST Students in Dilshad Garden, admission Forms downloaded and distributed among these students for easy facilitation of admission to these hostels. This was for non-resident students of Delhi.
- The students were briefed on the exemption of payment of Tuition Fees and admission Fees whose parents were not Income Tax payers.
- The students were also briefed on the various Scholarships available to them so that they could help avail the scholarship they were eligible for.
- Counseling was done with the students to help them overcome inferiority complex related to interaction with fellow students and personal grooming, etc.
- Assurance was given to the students on proper support to tackle any problems being faced by them on a one to one personal interaction. Briefed on the course of activities which were to be conducted during the academic session like visit to Parliament & Awareness Workshops, etc. Also conducted Wall Painting Competition for the students
- Organized the 125 th Birth Anniversary of Dr. Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar where the preamble of the constitution was read by the students and teachers on the same day. This cell would cater to the needs of SC and ST students, Teacher’s and non Teaching Staff and work towards the welfare and upliftment of these students, teachers and non teaching staff.