Staff Advisor: Dr. Saroj Dutta
(And Teacher-Incharges of all Departments, Kalindi College)
The college has a placement cell which was established in the year 2006-07. It works in close co-ordination with the Central Placement Cell (CPC) of the University of Delhi. Notices received from the University are displayed on the college notice board for the information of the students. Our students register and participate actively in the placement activity organized by the University Placement Cell every year. Each year the students of Kalindi College register at the CPC with the total enrollment number varying from 100 to 250. The teachers alongwith the registered students attend the meeting organised by the CPC every year. Student Placement Cell Student Committee was constituted in the year 2015-16. Presently the student members are Sonam Tuteja ; Economics (H) III year and Niharika ; B.Com. (H) III year.
About the Placement Cell
The student placement cell organizes various activities to train students for the latest requirements in the employment industry. Seminars and lectures are organized to introduce students towards the increasing opportunities and importance of skills in the employment arena after graduation. The cell regularly informs the dates and venues of the placement activities by posting the same on the college website. The student placement cell organizes Seminars, Motivational Lectures, Guidance and counseling sessions.
Recent Activities of Student Placement Cell at Kalindi College:
1. Placement Drive was conducted at Kalindi College as it witnessed a remarkable placement drive on the 9 TH of March, 2016. The participating company- Talocity InstaSolutions Pvt Limited offered 3 job roles namely: Java Developer, Business Development Executive for UrbanClap and Customer Service.
The jobs were offered with an average package of 3-4 Lac p.a. A total of 50 students from a variety of backgrounds participated in the drive. The results are awaited and can be expected by the 2 nd week of April, 2016.
2. Companies like e-Helium, Tech Mahindra, Time Group, Kotak Mahindra, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance and Mettl are some of the companies which conducted recruitment drive in 2016.
3. A motivational talk was conducted by ICOFP (International College of Financial Planning), a Bajaj Capital Group Venture. It was organised by the College Placement Cell on 7th October, 2015. Lectures by Ms. Sonia (ICOFP, a Bajaj Capital Group Venture) titled 'Interview Skills' and 'Minting Money from stock market' were held on 07th Oct., 2015 and 04th Nov., 2015 respectively.
4. Placement Activity was held in University of Delhi (North Campus) on 15th -16th October, 2015.
5. CMS (Vatavaran) organised Film/ Workshop/ Seminar from 9th -13th October.
Companies which visited Kalindi College for placements activities from the year 2011 to 2016 are:
eHelium, Talocity InstaSolutions Pvt Limited, Tech Mahindra, Kotak, Time group, Mettl, Accenture, ICICI, Genpact, Max Life Insurance (Off-campus), Earth Infrastructure (Off – campus), International Forum for Excellence in Higher Education (Off – campus), Amcat, NIIT, Assistive, Praxis & Spacegroup. With big names in the kitty, companies like Alken Labs and several others have shown interest in holding placement drives in the campus.
In a recent placement drive at Kalindi College conducted by ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Pvt. Ltd., fifty students were selected from various streams and fifty one were chosen for the final round by Kotak. A phenomenal response was marked by the college placement cell during the Employability Test for Aristocrat Gaming by Mettl. Twenty one students from B.Com. were registered for aptitute test conducted by Time group. Fifteen students from various courses were declared successful in TAP test conducted on 23 rd February, 2016. Central placement cell (University of Delhi) has also played an important role in placing students with various companies. A total number of forty eight students from Kalindi College have been short-listed by various companies through CPCs placement activity in the past. HCL Technologies short-listed a whopping number of forty four students from Computer Science, Maths and Physics departments from Kalindi College. Vistara short-listed four Kalindians from B.Com. (H) and one was selcted by TATA Power by CPC, University of Delhi.
Future plans of Student Placement Cell, Kalindi College:
● Career counselling sessions.
● Co-ordination with alumni for placement activities of present students.